Monday, July 25, 2011

Robert Pierre CD review

I've been a fan of Christian music for years.  I have a huge collection of music dating back years, even records and cassettes, so when I was asked to review a new Christian music CD I was excited at the opportunity to listen to I'm All in .

What did I think?  I'm getting a little older these days.  I very much enjoyed the lyrics, but a few songs sounded very much the same to me musically, although the lyrics were very deep and definitely made up for my disappointment in the couple of the songs sounding alike.  It was a CD I enjoyed listening to, but unlike many of my other CDs, this one will find itself being listened to once through and then being switched out for another CD.  That said, I know I'll be listening to this CD quite a bit, just not on constant repeat like I do with some of my favorites.  (I think again my age is showing not only in musical styles but that I listen to CDs and not through streaming or digitally!)



My two favorite songs are "Who R U" and "Greater is He".  "I'm All In" is a catchy tune and I have found myself humming it, but I enjoyed some of the other songs more than this one.  The lyrics are amazing in this CD.  In my opinion, it's worth buying for the lyrics even if the pop music style isn't your favorite.  I could actually picture a couple of these songs being used in a worship service at church.


I know this CD will be played quite a bit by me.   If you enjoy Christian
pop music, this is a MUST have for your collection, in my opinion.  Of course, I think most Christians would enjoy the lyrics and I recommend it for that alone. 

I hope to hear more from Robert Pierre in the future.  I know I would buy a future album just based on the quality of this one!



More information on this album:

For Robert, I’m All In is more than the name of his third studio album, due July 26 from thinkaboutit records. It has become Robert’s life motto as he responds to God’s calling to live fully committed to Him. In addition to writing and recording I’m All In and playing on a summer tour, Robert also leads regular Sunday morning worship at his 800-member Orlando, FL church. And he’s done it all as a high school senior.


“All of the songs have something to do with things I was going through my senior year,” Robert said of I’m All In, “preparing to say goodbye to friends and not really knowing what would come next, but finding comfort and peace in the Lord’s plan for my life. The Bible talks about how the eyes of the Lord are searching to and fro throughout the earth, searching for someone whose heart is wholly His, someone He can strongly support. This CD is me saying, ‘I’m all in.’”

Creating I’m All In was a powerfully personal experience for Robert, who teamed with veteran songwriter Jason Ingram (Tenth Avenue North, Sanctus Real, Bebo Norman) and legendary producer Matt Bronleewe (Jars of Clay, Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman) on the album. The result is a collection of songs that enthusiastically and energetically worship God while wrestling with what it means to be a Christian in a world full of difficulty and joy, anxiety and excitement.

28 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to win.

    you know how to contact me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Want to win. You know how to contact me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something learned from website: this guy is a worship leader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Follow you on Google Friend Connect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to win
    cookster77@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. like robert pierre on facebook Erin COok
    cookster77@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. follow Robert Pierre on twitter @cooks1978
    cookster77@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. GFC follower Erin Cook
    cookster77@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want to win
    susansmoaks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to win!
    beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to win!

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like Robert Pierre on Facebook:

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. GFC follower

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Follow Robert Pierre on Twitter
    under frugalwahms

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I learned
    Robertʼs ability to turn listeners into active participants is a rare gift for this artist who is mature beyond his years. Some of this is likely due to Robertʼs weekly residency as worship director at Harvest Bible Church Orlando

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. tweeted
    http://twitter.com/FrugalWahms/status/98556364372189184

    laurie1993@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Robertʼs is a worship director at Harvest Bible Church Orlando.

    ReplyDelete