Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Reasons I'm glad I'm Single this Valentine's Day

10.   "No instead of a movie,  I really should get reading done for class".

9.  "No really, I am allergic to flowers.  No, please don't send me any.  No, really, I do prefer to stay home and play Scrabble over going out to dinner."

8.  I avoid an argument when I play "qi", "za", or "ai" in above Scrabble game.

7.  I don't get "Do you always have to be right when the Official Scrabble Player's Dictionary says that ai (common noun) is a South American sloth and I say I know I can't use proper nouns.

6.  I won't get a love song played to me on a tuba, harmonica, or armpit.

5.  Teddy bears don't snore, hog the covers, roll over on you, or sleepwalk.

4.  I don't have to do my make-up on Feb 14th and can spend the evening in old, comfy PJs.

3.  I don't have to do a "He's so wonderful guess what he surprised me with on Valentine's Day" Facebook post and try to compete with friend for "Luckiest woman" based on his romantic abilities.

2.  Did I mention "A Survey of the Old Testament" by Andrew Hill is 799 pages long?

1.  It's just Jesus and me.  When it's time for me to move I don't have someone with athlete's foot wanting m to stay!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Especially #6... hilarious! I spent Valentine's day sleeping, working, and hanging out with my Dog, who doesn't snore or hog the covers... but he does bark and smells like he needs a bath. :)

    ReplyDelete