Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bumped in Ft. Lauderdale

As I mentioned last week on my blog, I am not home this week.  (That is the reason for the lack of posts lately.)  I had a free airline ticket and decided to visit friends from college who live in Ft. Lauderdale.  I'm not a big beach person, and in fact other than SEEING the ocean, I haven't been to the beach. 

Well, I was to fly out this morning from Miami.  But the airline asked for people who would be willing to be bumped in exchange for a $400 travel voucher.  Of course, I was more than willing.  When there were some problems encountered getting me to my final destination tonight, I offered to fly out tomorrow.  That worked for them, and I am now spending another night in Ft. Lauderdale with my friends. 

I am super excited about my flight voucher.  It *is* an inconvenience.  I had to have my friends make another trip to Miami.  Now, I fly out of Ft. Lauderdale at 6:30 in the morning.  I will be in not three but four airports tomorrow, but because I have been wanting to make another trip, I consider this money in my pocket since I would have bought that plane ticket. 

Not only did I get a plane ticket, but the airline gave me lunch as well.

Now I wonder if I can get bumped tomorrow and be able to make it home tomorrow evening. Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment