Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strictest Coupon Policy I've ever Seen

I don't use coupons nearly as much as I once did, now primarily at drug stores and not grocery stores.  Today I picked up something from a local grocery and found they had changed their coupon policy.  I didn't read the sign entirely so I'm working from a glance and memory, but I wonder why they just didn't say they no longer accept coupons.  I think it would have been easier.

The changes include:

  • Proctor and Gamble coupons are no longer accepted.  
  • Internet coupons are no longer accepted.
  • No coupon with a value of over $1 is accepted
  • No free item coupons are accepted
  • No buy one get one coupons are accepted
  • Coupons must have an expiration date
  • Coupons must have dual barcodes
I hate seeing changes this harsh.  I've never misused coupons, but I know it's becoming trendy to do so.  If unethical couponers keep it up, I'm afraid we'll see more and  stores that will follow suit with coupon policies such as this one.

How about any of you?  What's some of the strictest coupon policies you've ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment